United Pier and Shore Anglers of California is a grassroots organization committed to preserving and improving the recreational opportunities and environment of pier and shore anglers by a mixture of communication, educational and legislative programs.
We will work to:
- Educate pier and shore anglers in methods of conservation and fishery ecology in order to sustain and improve the aquatic environment.
- Promote the sport of recreational fishing to our youth.
- Inform the general public regarding the positive contributions made to California’s aquatic ecology by pier and shore anglers.
- Establish an “Education Center” and “Model Pier” for the education and development of pier and shore anglers as well as serving as a demonstration center for the general public.
- Support pier and shore anglers by working with other angling and conservation groups but our primary focus will remain the unique needs of pier and shore anglers.
- Obtain funding to maintain (and increase) California’s unique system of public piers.
- Ensure that beach areas are kept open (beach access) and that angling remains one of the accepted recreational activities in these areas.
United Pier and Shore Anglers of California is committed to the preservation of our aquatic environment and the use of ethical and legal practices by all pier and shore anglers.
These goals will be accomplished by a number of different methods including, but not limited to: attendance at selected Fish and Game meetings, meetings and classes with anglers, publications, the UPSAC and pierfishing.com websites, development of lesson plans for educators, development of an education center, grant writing and fund acquisition.